EYFS Courses / In School Advice & Training
To unsubscribe: Should you wish for us to not contact you about Early Years Training, please let us know in writing via email or letter stating that you would like us to remove your details or just UNSUBSCRIBE to firstname.lastname@example.org
EYFS Courses & Inset Training Autumn 2019
EYFS: Getting to grips with an Early Years Curriculum
Lancashire – Cuerden Visitor Centre, Cuerden Valley Park, Berkeley Drive, Bamber Bridge, PRESTON PR5 6BY. Tel: 01772 364227 on Tuesday 17th September 2019, 10am to 3.45pm. Price £160 including lunch & coffee. Free parking. New Venue, 2 miles from Junction 28 of M6.
Northampton – Hilton Hotel, 100 Watering Lane, Collingtree, Northampton, NN4 0XW (2 minute drive from Junction 15 of the M1). Free parking. Wednesday 25th September 2019, 10am to 3.45pm. Price £180 including lunch & coffee.
Birmingham Area - Westmead Hotel, Redditch Road, Hopwood, Birmingham. B48 7AL. Telephone 0121 445 1202. Free parking. Thursday 26th September 2019. 10am to 3.45pm. Price £180 including lunch and coffee.
Manchester - Madeleine Lindley Training & Conference Centre, Broadgate, Broadway Business Park, Chadderton, Oldham OL9 9XA on Tuesday 8th October 2019, 10am to 3.45pm. Price £160 including lunch & coffee. Free parking.
This course has been developed in response to Ofsted’s highlighting curriculum. We will looks at developing an effective curriculum in early years & support schools in their ability to understand the concept of curriculum in EYFS.
- The course will ensure leaders and practitioners understand the very unique nature of early years and are able to deliver a curriculum which best meets the needs of young children whilst giving them the opportunity to meet personal excellence.
- The course will explore how young children learn and we will explore the characteristics of effective learning.
- We will look at the curriculum content of the early years and discuss how best to teach each of the different areas of learning & development.
- We will discuss the nature of cultural capital and explore how this can apply in early years classrooms.
- The course will ensure an understanding of the importance of providing an appropriate balance of adult directed learning along with opportunities for children to develop the ability to learn independently.
- The course will explore the nature of a broad & balanced curriculum in order to promote positive outcomes for children.
- The course will look at the role of the adult in supporting childrens learning and crucially in communicating effectively with them.
- Provide staff with the confidence to discuss the curriculum and describe how learning is promoted through different elements of the curriculum
EYFS & the Education Inspection Framework
Leeds – Hilton Leeds City, Neville St, Leeds, West Yorkshire LS1 4BX, 0113 2207702 on Thursday 3rd October 2019 10am to 3.45pm. Price £180 including lunch and coffee.
Cumbria - Armathwaite Hall County House Hotel and Spa, Bassenthwaite Lake, Keswick CA12 4RE. Free parking. Thursday 10th October 2019, 10am to 3.45pm. Price £180 including lunch & coffee.
North Durham – Lumley Castle, Ropery Lane, Chester le Street DH3 4NX on Wednesday 16th October 2019, 10am to 3.45pm. Price £180 including lunch & coffee. On-site parking.
Liverpool – The De Vere Village Hotel Liverpool, Fallows Way, Whiston L35 1RZ (2 minutes drive from M62 junction 6). Free parking. Tuesday 5th November 2019, 10am to 3.45pm. Price £160 including lunch & coffee.
Birmingham Area - Westmead Hotel, Redditch Road, Hopwood, Birmingham. B48 7AL. Telephone 0121 445 1202. Free parking. Thursday 21st November 2019. 10am to 3.45pm. Price £180 including lunch and coffee.
This brand new course will look at the 2019 Education Inspection Framework in relation to EYFS. The course will consider:
- Effective leadership and management of EYFS including the importance of staff development training and coaching whilst protecting staff from excessive workloads. We will also look at the EYFS Statutory Framework and safeguarding in early years.
- Quality of teaching including developing awareness of outstanding teaching and learning across all seven areas of learning & development through adult directed and child initiated learning. The importance of staff being able to talk about aspects of teaching and learning in order to be able to justify the curriculum.
- Quality of teaching and learning will also give an overview of manageable strategies for all aspects of evidence collection, observation and assessment.
- Behaviour & attitudes including the role of the key person, behaviour management, promoting positive self-esteem & resilience
- Personal development including positive values, developing an awareness of becoming a life long learner
Ultimate Outdoor Learning in EYFS: Developing an environment for learning
Northampton – Hilton Hotel, 100 Watering Lane, Collingtree, Northampton, NN4 0XW (2 minute drive from Junction 15 of the M1). Free parking. Wednesday 20th November 2019, 10am to 3.45pm. Price £180 including lunch & coffee.
This completely revised course looks at the importance of developing an environment for learning outside which focuses on developing different skills, knowledge & understanding to the environment inside. The day will:
- Consider the unique nature of outdoor learning in order to promote learning across all areas of learning & development whilst acknowledging the importance of outdoors in relation to physical development, understanding the world and personal, social & emotional development.
- Explore the characteristics of effective learning and identify their implications for providing an outdoor environment which promotes learning for all children.
- Identify the crucial role of the adult in facilitating an environment for learning, supporting & extending children’s play.
- Reinforce the importance of effective communication between children and adults in order to promote language development and sustained shared thinking by the use of effective questioning.
- Consider the importance of effective planning in relation to outdoor learning to inform adult interactions and to enhance & challenge children’s learning.
- Provide revised (updated version) exemplar planning formats for medium & short term outdoor learning.
- Look at the relationship between basic provision, ongoing provision, adult directed and independent learning in the outdoors.
- Ensure all adults involved in EYFS can identify and promote potential learning outcomes for all children when outdoors.
- Provide a multitude of ideas for taking back to the school to promote an effective learning environment.
The role of the teaching assistant across EYFS, KS1 & KS2
Lancashire – Cuerden Visitor Centre, Cuerden Valley Park, Berkeley Drive, Bamber Bridge, Preston PR5 6BY. Tel: 01772 364227 on Tuesday 12th November 2019, 10am to 3.45pm. Price £160 including lunch & coffee. Free parking. New Venue, 2 miles from Junction 28 of M6.
The brand new course is aimed at developing the practice of teaching assistants and support staff in EYFS, KS1 & KS2. The course is suitable for teaching assistants, teachers, managers & leaders who want to develop their understanding of the role of support staff.
The course will look at developing awareness of the following:
- Personal and professional conduct.
- Knowledge and understanding.
- Teaching and learning.
- Working with others.
The course will include sections relating to:
- The role of teaching & support staff.
- Reflective practice.
- Fundamental British Values.
- Effective questioning and developing vocabulary.
- Supporting teaching learning & assessment.
- Providing effective support for children & parents.
- Developing skills in relation to reading, writing & maths.
In School Advice & Training
We offer customised consultancy & training nationally & internationally for settings, schools & networks of schools. This includes on-site training and / or observation & evaluation of the schools foundation stage practice. All of the above courses can be delivered in your school for your staff. Prices on application.
Booking & Terms:
- Please e-mail the following details to email@example.com
- School name, address & telephone number:
- Order No:
- Participant name:
- Course name:
- Course date:
Please note: Courses cancelled two weeks or less prior to course date will incur full cost. The company reserves the right to cancel courses should the demand for places be insufficient.
Kathy Bigio Limited, Early Years Advice & Training
firstname.lastname@example.org www.kathybigio.com Telephone 07725 896063