EYFS Courses / In School Advice & Training
To unsubscribe: Should you wish for us to not contact you about Early Years Training, please let us know in writing via email or letter stating that you would like us to remove your details or just UNSUBSCRIBE to email@example.com
EYFS Courses in the North East Summer 2019
EYFS: Developing an environment for learning:
Child Initiated Learning, Enhancement & Challenge
- Chester-le-Street – Lumley Castle, Ropery Lane, Chester –le-Street DH3 4NX on Wednesday 19th June 2019, 10am to 3.45pm. Price £180 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee. Free on-site parking.
This brand new course will consider the importance of developing an indoor environment in EYFS which promotes learning through child initiated learning, ongoing continuous provision, challenge & enhancement.
The day will:
- Explore the characteristics of effective learning and identify their implications for providing an environment which promotes learning for all children.
- Identify the crucial role of the adult in facilitating an environment for learning, supporting & extending children’s play, enhancing the environment and providing challenge.
- Reinforce the importance of effective communication between children and adults in order to promote language development and sustained shared thinking by the use of effective questioning.
- Consider the importance of effective planning in relation to child initiated learning to inform adult interactions and in order to enhance & challenge children’s learning.
- Provide exemplar planning formats for medium & short term.
- Look at the relationship between child initiated learning, continuous provision, enhancement & challenge.
- Explore the nature of continuous provision in order to provide a range of practical ideas to take back to school and develop effective practice.
- Ensure all adults involved in EYFS can identify and promote potential learning outcomes for all children.
- Provide a multitude of ideas for taking back to the classroom to promote an effective learning environment.
Managing & Leading EYFS
- Chester-le-Street – Lumley Castle, Ropery Lane, Chester-le-Street DH3 4NX on Thursday 20th June 2019, 10am to 3.45pm. Price £180 (plus VAT) including lunch & coffee. Free on-site parking.
This course examines the role of the Foundation Stage manager & leader. The course begins with a comprehensive update in relation to recent documentation (including the four early years Ofsted reports), announcements and statutory requirements for EYFS.
The course moves on to consider the diverse roles of the EYFS leader and looks in detail at the challenges when observing EYFS provision. Participants will leave with a format to support ongoing observation of provision which can form an action plan for future development.
The course looks in detail at monitoring & evaluating the learning environment inside & outside, the role of adults in EYFS, relationships, observation, assessment & planning.
A further element of the course will consider the FS leader & the statutory requirement to provide on-going coaching & support for all early years staff. Participants will have access models for coaching in order to develop practice.
Participants will be provided with an outline of possible documentation which can be used to evidence the manager & leaders role.
In School Advice & Training
We offer customised consultancy & training nationally & internationally for settings, schools & networks of schools. This includes on-site training and / or observation & evaluation of the schools foundation stage practice. All of the above courses can be delivered in your school for your staff. Prices on application.
Booking & Terms:
- Please e-mail the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- School name, address & telephone number:
- Order No:
- Participant name:
- Course name:
- Course date:
Please note: Courses cancelled two weeks or less prior to course date will incur full cost. The company reserves the right to cancel courses should the demand for places be insufficient.
Kathy Bigio Limited, Early Years Advice & Training
email@example.com www.kathybigio.com Telephone 07725 896063